It is rightly said that women hold up half the sky; “They are the real architects of society”. Do we simply believe this or are we striving enough to pay respect to the creator of men? Women may not be physically strong as compared to men, but undoubtedly they are strong enough to create a healthy society. By this we mean a society where not only educated beings exist but also people who celebrate every woman. If each one of us respects women and their thoughts, our country would reach to one of the steps to development and peace.
On the very occasion of Women’s Day, SafetyKart.com, India’s leading e-commerce portal dedicated to safety, offering products and services under protect, prevent, care and secure is launching its first edition of ‘SafetyKart Women’s Day Contest 2015’. This contest will bring together activists, institutions, individuals, thought leaders, children, students and common man on a common forum to acknowledge the spirit of empowering and protecting women.
The contest has been divided into three categories:
|Category||Age Group||Topic||Cash Prize|
|Drawing/Painting/Sketching||6-10 years||Role of women in my society||Winner: Rs 5000 Runner Up 1:Rs 3000Runner Up 2:Rs 2000|
|Writing Contest- Type 1(Word Limit: 500-700)||10-18 years||Girl or woman who you consider to be your role model and why you think so||Winner: Rs 7500Runner Up 1: Rs 5000Runner Up 2:Rs 2500|
|Writing Contest-Type 2(Word Limit: 1000-1500)||Above 18 years||Your views on empowerment and safety of women in India||Winner:Rs 10000Runner Up 1: Rs 7500Runner Up 2: Rs 5000|
The Contest will be carried out in two phases.
Phase 1: First level of jury will shortlist top 20 entrees in each category.
Phase 2: Final jury will select top 3 entrees from 20 shortlisted in each category.
SafetyKart Women’s Day Contest 2015 is open to all. The winners of this contest will be awarded with cash prizes and gift vouchers. Other than these above prize categories, we also have vouchers worth Rs. 500 for the top ten winners on each category. The coupons can be redeemed on SafetyKart.com.
SafetyKart.com is grateful for the support and commitment of their patrons. The support patrons are: Aarambh, Gurgaon Moms, Safecity, Women Planet, Diva Journals, Sayfty, WESS, Menstrupedia, Rivo kids, Indian Moms Connect, Whatsup Gurgaon.
Jury comprises of well- known and respected personalities, who are experts in their related fields and share a common belief and passion to improve status and safety of women in our society. This eminent jury will decide top 3 winners of the contest from a list of 20 shortlisted entrees in each category. The selection of top twenty entrees in each category will be carried out by a Preliminary Jury. The evaluation of participants will be on a set of parameters defined and agreed upon by Jury members and approved by Chair of the Jury. The final results will be declared on our website on March 12, 2015.
Eminent Jury consists of personalities like: Rachna Gupta, Aditi, Elsamarie, Dr Kalpana, Mriganka, Nitin Saluja, Parul Mittal, Sanya Seth, Dr Shruti, Suman, Swati J., P.S.G Patra.
- Your writings must be written in English & submitted within the word range mentioned in one of the following file types: (.doc, .docx and pdf). If you are giving images, their credits must be given too. Drawing, painting, sketching should be submitted in one of the following file types: (.png, .pdf, .jpg, .bmp).
- Your contact information should be provided on a separate page.
- All entries must be free of plagiarism! You are not allowed to submit content that has been published before. The content will be checked with an advanced plagiarism checker and the candidates who don’t submit 100% unique work will be disqualified.
- By participating in this contest, your work will be published on blog.safetykart.com and shared on our social media profiles as well.
- By submitting an entry to this contest, you agree to the terms and conditions and accept the decision of the judges as final.
- You’ll get a prize! If you rank first, second or third in the final results in each category, you will receive a cash prize.
- No candidate will be discriminated on the basis of national origin, race, color, disability, gender, religion, or marital status.
- You will help thousands of students to realize how a great essay should look like. Your entry will serve as an inspiration for them to start creating their own work.
- Employees of safetykart.com or any of their relatives are not eligible to participate in this contest.
Terms & Conditions Apply
For more information, log on to https://www.safetykart.com/wdc2015/