A Unitary Tract (Infection UTI) is the most common infection. As painful and uncomfortable as they are, urinary tract infections are generally not serious, and with prompt and proper treatment, they rarely lead to complications.
Let’s Understand UTIs’
- UTI’s are a key reason we are often told to wipe from front to back after using the bathroom.
- The main reason being the urethra, the tube that transports urine from the bladder to the outside of the body is located close to the anus.
- Bacteria from the large intestine, such as E. coli, are in the perfect position to escape the anus and invade the urethra. From there, they can travel up to the bladder, and if the infection isn’t treated, continue on to infect the kidneys.
- Women may be especially prone to UTIs because they have shorter urethras, which allow bacteria quick access to the bladder.
- Most common symptoms often include painful urination, frequent trips to the bathroom, and a feeling of urgency to pass urine.
Urinary tract infections are incredibly common, occurring more often in women than men. Some studies suggest that 1 out of every 2 women will get a urinary tract infection at some point in their lives. Some will even suffer repeat infections for months or years on end. In fact, some studies suggest that 1 in 5 women get a second urinary tract infection, while others have to deal with recurrent UTIs throughout their lives
Preventing Urinary Tract Infections
Of course, the best thing to do is to prevent UTIs from ever happening. There are plenty of steps to avoid a UTI.
- Urinate frequently
- Drink at least six to eight glasses of water each day
- Wipe from front to back
- Urinate and Wash Immediately Before and After Sexual Intercourse
- Take Showers Instead of Baths
- Wear cotton underwear
- Avoid the use of any perfumed soaps or washes near the genital area as it might destroy the useful healthy bacteria present.
- Use a toilet seat sanitizer to keep the toilet seats germ free
An unclean toilet seat can really pave the way to many bathroom borne diseases especially a UTI and if it is a public washroom you have to be extra careful. The only way to prevent this is using hygienic sprays or wipes to disinfect the toilet seats.
PeeSafe is the perfect answer to keep the germs at bay.PeeSafe Toilet Seat Sanitizer kills 99.9% germ and gives protection from bacteria and is specially formulated to disinfect the toilet seat surface.It dries up very quickly and protects from bathroom borne diseases. A safe and hygienic toilet experience is the need of the hour and toilet seat sanitizers do just that. They can be used in various places like at home, in vehicles, at restaurants, hotels, offices and while playing sports or traveling. They are portable and lightweight and fit easily in your handbag .
PeeSafe has many other female hygiene products as well.This wonder product was awarded by AsiaOne – India’s Greatest Brands 2016-17 Pride of the Nation recently for its revolutionary products.
Feature Image: The Melange Affair