Now-a-days, everyone is quite conscious about staying healthy and keeping their body in shape. For this, people resort to exercising trying different ways to get in shape like jogging, walking, weight lifting etc. Moreover, people who are overweight also consume a variety of supplements and medicines so that they can lose weight. For every 3,500 calories burnt, you reduce 1 pound of fat which is equal to the 0.45 kilograms. This means, to burn 1 Kg you need to burn a minimum of 7700 calories. Burning so many calories becomes a hard-to-achieve goal and people look out for every possible way of doing that. But do you realise, without exercising or gyming, you still burn calories at home, everyday! There are a number of day-to-day chores that help you burn calories, but only are a few people are aware of them. Let us walk you through a list of unbelievable activities which you didn’t know could help you burn calories.
- Gardening – Everyone loves having a garden outside their house or may be on the terrace. The beautiful aroma of flowers and the overall enchanting look and feel is hard to ignore. Besides, what’s a better way of lifting your mood than mowing your garden or watering plants? But did you know this daily pastime can help you lose weight? Yes! Gardening as an activity is considered very therapeutic. It is also a great calorie burner. You can burn 130 calories in 30 minutes while engaged in gardening. So if you really want to shed some weight, go sow some plants!
- Coaching Sports – Sports amuse almost everyone. We all love to engage in one or another game whenever we get the chance. And why wouldn’t we? After all playing and coaching people to play helps burn 120 calories in 30 minutes. Now, is there a better way to stay in shape and have some awesome fun at the same time?
- Giving a Massage – Body massages not only help us reduce stress and tiredness, but also burn some calories. But that’s only true if you give a massage to someone else. Now you know the secret behind the great bodies masseurs have! Giving a massage burns 120 calories in 30 minutes. Want a leaner body, go ahead give a loved one some massage!
- Lawn Mowing – Everyone loves to have clean lawn but no one likes lawn mowing as people find it a bit boring and tedious. But, a very few people know that lawn mowing can help people burn a lot of calories. Through lawn mowing, you can burn 165 calories in just half an hour. No matter how tedious it is, this activity proves to be a great work-out for your upper body.
- Sleeping A Few Extra Hours – Getting up early in the morning and sleeping late night has become the part of our lifestyle at present. People are too busy to take proper rest. But here’s a reason to motivate you to get proper rest. Sleeping burns 19 calories in just 30 minutes. Imagine, if you sleep 3 more hours on a Sunday, how many calories can you burn!
- Shoveling Snow Whenever You Get a Chance – People who live in cold climates, areas which experience snowfall, often need to get their car out of the snow. Shoveling the snow is one such activity which burns 90 calories in just 30 minutes!
Bonus Activity: Cooking – Cooking is one activity which is done daily in all homes. It is known only for delicious and healthier food. But, people do not know that it is also a great calorie burner. It is one such an activity that can burn upto 75 calories in an hour. So, next time when you cook food, remember you are doing more than feeding your loved ones. You are working towards maintaining a great body!
There are a number of similar activities that all of us do every now and then, but little do we realise that it can help us burn calories and reducing body fat.
Feature Image Source: naturallyhealthybody.com
This was first published in Dec 2015