Giving up on sugar, needs great determination an act that can be achieved only if you are aware about the benefits of going sugar-free. Sugary food is like an addiction! Those sizzling chocolate brownies, puddings, gajar ka halwa, cakes, pastries and the several other traditional dessert recipes, they all make your mouth crave for more. But their effect on your body is surely not as sweet as these desserts. Linked to diabetes, obesity, cancer and also the various heart diseases, sugared food can really make you sick. On the other hand, sugar free food, has great benefits physically as well as mentally. Here are points that highlight the harmful effects of sugar intake.
- Sugar takes away all the essential body nutrients from our bodies that are important for our body metabolism. This deficiency leads to health conditions such as anemia, osteoporosis and also immune deficiencies.
- The sugar intake also affects the body’s immune system which inhibits the natural release of the Body Growth Hormones caused due to the increased insulin levels.
- The body furthermore, uses up the WBCs (white blood cells) for cleaning the body waste products which are produced due to sugar intake. Thus, instead of fighting the bad bacteria and viruses, the WBCs (the soldiers of our body) act as body system cleaners.
- The inflammation caused due to the intake of sugar is also related to inflammation that leads to hyperactivity, dermatitis, depression and also indigestion.
- It weakens your digestive system by not allowing it to absorb the nutrients available, causing bloating and gas problems.
Apart from these, there are many more harmful effects of consuming sugared food items. But, if you really wish to avoid these health conditions, and live a longer and happier life, you need to learn to control your hunger for sugared food. Here are certain points that highlight the benefits of going sugar free.
- Balance your food habits and learn to control your cravings. Eat right proportions of whole unrefined food which is high in nutrition which will give you energy and not get stored as fat in your body. This will help you stay fit.
- Get active and participate in physical tasks. This will help increase your energy and feel less lazy.
- Going sugar-free also helps boost your mental health. Sugared food, according to a certain researches contributes to lack of concentration and memory loss. It also adds to nervousness and a stream of negative thoughts. So, if you need a clear mind, go sugar-free.
- You can easily maintain your weight and stay healthy with even the slightest workout regimes. Going sugar-free automatically keeps your body’s metabolic activities in a perfect rhythm.
- Eating less sugared food also helps boost your dental health by causing less bacterial infections, cavities and tartar build-up.
- If you are prone to allergies, try and go sugar–free. You will automatically see a difference in the frequencies of allergic reactions.
- And finally, after a few days of going sugar-free, you will see the difference in your health. You will feel healthy, happy and better from within.
So, if you are still following a sugared diet, its time you stop and change to a sugar-free regime.