It’s natural to assume that animals with large sharp teeth and fearsome reputations such as the lion or shark or snakes or crocodiles are the world’s deadliest killers. But appearances can be deceptive. If you judge a creature’s deadliness by the number of people it kills every year, the tiny mosquito tops the list. Yes, you read it right; the tiny little insect can actually cause death. A mosquito bite takes at least one million lives every year. Mosquito by far is the most dangerous animal on the planet.
According to the World Health Organization, about 725,000 people are killed every year by mosquito-borne diseases. Malaria caused by mosquitoes alone affects 200 million, of which an estimated 600,000 die. Mosquitoes also carry dengue fever, yellow fever, encephalitis, and Zika virus.
Image Source: GetCured Apothecary
Did you know?
- Mosquitoes have poor vision and rely on the carbon dioxide you exhale in order to locate you. They can detect carbon dioxide from 75 feet away.
- Only female mosquitoes bite humans and animals while the males feed on nectar. Female mosquitoes need protein for their eggs and so they suck blood in order to reproduce.
- Female mosquitoes can lay up to 300 eggs at one time.
- A female mosquito can bite its first victim two days after becoming an adult.
- The Mosquito can complete its life cycle within as little as 4 days, though most of them complete it within two weeks
- Mosquitoes can be found in nearly every part of the world at various times of a year. At peak breeding season they outnumber every other animal except ants and termites.
- Mosquito bites many times are perfectly harmless, but they may definitely give you red itchy bump.
- Mosquitoes carry malaria. Malaria is a disease that is transmitted via the bite of a mosquito into your bloodstream.
- Mosquitoes can also carry viruses like dengue fever, yellow fever, Zica and the West Nile virus. All of these diseases can be fatal.
- Antibiotics do not work on mosquito-borne diseases. The main reason behind this is that they are viruses and antibiotics don’t fight viruses.
- A mosquito can infect a person with West Nile Virus also. But not all people end up with symptoms so you may never know you have been infected.
To protect ourselves and our loved ones from getting infected by these deadly tiny creatures, Moskito Safe Repellent Spray should be used. Moskito Safe Repellent Spray comes in a small spray bottle which is very easy to carry at all times. Moskito Safe is natural mosquito repellent made of natural citronella. It is Alcohol and Deet free that makes it a safe mosquito repellent for babies as well. It provides complete protection from the harmful mosquito bites for up to 3-4 hours. Moskito Safe provides protection from deadly mosquitoes and keeps diseases at bay with just a few sprays.