With summer at its peak, the intensity of heat is increasing each day. If you prefer to wear cut sleeve or short sleeves, you can see the change for yourself. The covered area will be way fairer than the exposed part of your arms. If your arms undergo such a change, imagine the harm being done to your face.
The market at present is flooded with a range of summer skincare products. While some products are offering higher SPF, others are inclined towards providing UVA and UVB rays protection. People often get confused as to what all of these sun protection lotion means. Many people think that higher the SPF the better it is. However, this is a misconception, for Indian skin a Sunscreen lotion with at least SPF 25 is fine.
SPF value for lotion refers to the blocking ability of UVB rays but not UVA rays. So if you’re thinking of purchasing a SPF 30 being more effective over SPF 15. Think again! As per the Experts, SPF 15 blocks 94%, SPF 30 blocks 96% and so on. Before reach to any conclusion, you must know the difference between UVA and UVB rays. While UVA rays are responsible for turning your skin red, the UVB rays with long wavelength causes aging and long term damages. Both of these rays can cause skin cancer.
Tips to Protect from Harmful Sun Rays
- Keep yourself covered. Wear protective clothing and hats that will protect your skin from unwanted sun exposure. On wearing hat not only will it protect your skin but it will also protect your hair. The hair will face less damages and hence will retains its original shine.
- By applying sunscreen that offers both UVA and UVB protection all over the exposed region of your body. It will prevent your skin from aging and wrinkles apart from tanning.
- The sun is at its peak between 10 to 4 pm. Make sure to seek shade so that your skin and health doesn’t get affected.
- It is best to apply sunscreen around the year for best results. Most people wear sun protection only during the summer and on rest of the days they don’t.
- Don’t forget to apply a wrapping around your eyes, nose and lips. Many times people tend to overlook these minute things which is required for blocking UV radiations.
Tips for Protecting Your Kid
- Make sure that your child wears SPF 15 or higher every day. If they are spending majority of their time outdoors, make them wear a SPF 30 or higher lotion.
- Children who swim or sweat extensively must reapply the lotion after every 2 hours.
- For toddlers, apply water resistant spray on sunscreens. These products must be sting and tear free.
This summer don’t let summer harm you or your baby’s skin. Follow these steps and drink a lot of liquid to keep yourself hydrated. A skin that is healthy from within has a natural glow and freshness. Stay Healthy and Stay Glowing with extensive range of Summer Skincare products.
Image Courtesy: calpeculiarities.com