Sanitation is the process of providing services and facilities which help to safely dispose off human waste and maintain public hygiene. Sanitation also includes keeping water sources clean and disposing of garbage, using clean and safe toilets.
Why is Sanitation important:
- Sanitation is important for all as it helps to maintain health and also to increase life-spans.
- Poor sanitation affects the health and well-being of the population, food production and the environment.
- Inadequate sanitation leads to decline in social and economic growth of the country.
- It is also the root cause of many diseases among children and adults like cholera and diarrhea
- Poor sanitation threatens ecological balance: All around the world most of the sewage is dumped untreated into the water and causes water pollution. This polluted water threatens marine life. People who depend on these sources of water for drinking are also affected.
- However, Good sanitation can improve the living condition of all Indian citizens.
- Most important component in mass sanitation is building good toilets and to promote usage of clean hygienic toilets.
- PEESAFE is the first brand that has taken the initiative to create awareness on importance of sanitation facilities in India.
What is Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and how is PEESAFE contributing in this cleanliness drive?
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a cleanliness drive aimed to cover 4,041 statutory cities and towns all over India in order to clean the streets, roads and other infrastructure. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a cleanliness campaign run by the government of India and initiated by the Honorable Prime Minister, Narendra Modi on 145th birth anniversary of the Mahatma Gandhi on 2nd of October in 2014 at Rajghat, New Delhi. The government of India has aimed to make India a clean India by 2nd of October, 2019 through this campaign.
This campaign involves the construction of latrines, promoting sanitation programmes in the rural areas, cleaning streets, roads and changing the infrastructure of the country to lead the country ahead.
The swachh bharat mission of urban areas aims to cover almost 1.04 crore households in order to provide them 2.6 lakhs of public toilets, 2.5 lakhs of community toilets together with the solid wastes management in every town. Community toilets have been planned to be built in the residential areas where availability of individual household toilets is difficult and public toilets at designated locations including bus stations, tourist places, railway stations, markets, etc.
PEESAFE is the first BIG brand that has offered it’s full support to take Swachh Bharat Abhiyan a step forward.
PEESAFE has invented some unique products that take care of our daily personal hygiene. Few of them are listed here
- Toilet seat sanitizer spray
- Travel toiletries
- Toilet hygiene product
- Toilet seat disinfectant
Citywide sanitation is the responsibility of the government, but sanitation at the household level definately is the responsibility of each and every citizen of India. So let us go green as well as have proper sanitation at our homes.